Friday 27 August 2010

Wedding Anniversary.



Well, well, well, this is a turn for the books, me blogging TWICE in less than 48 hours! Well as it was our 14th wedding anniversary yesterday, I reievced the most beautiful bouquet of white roses from my dear husband, which I simply had to share with you folks. So here are the shots I took of my favourite coloured roses.
For those of you who have been following me on twitter will know that I have recently undertaken some commision work by a wedding company to design and create a whole range of milestone wedding anniversary cards, hence right now my knowledge of wedding anniversary symbols is better than it was a month ago!! I can tell you that the tarditional symbol for a 14th wedding anniversary gift is Ivory. To find out more about the history of wedding anniversary gifts, click on the following link.http://marriage.about.com/od/anniversariescelebrations/a/annivhistory.htm

4 comments:

David said...

hope you had a nice anniversary. my anniversary this year was 8th year, could u tell me the traditional symbol for an 8th wedding anniversary
many thanks
David

Norman said...

Happy Anniversary :)

Sabah Designs said...

Thanks David, the traditional symbol for an 8th anniversary gift would be are bronze and pottery.Hope that helps.

David said...

thanks